Thursday, October 15, 2009

The bottomless pits

It's 9:30 a.m. This is what my girls have eaten so far:

a cup of orange juice
a bowl of dry cheerios
1/2 a waffle
a handful each of my cereal (cuz God forbid they see me eating and don't want some)
1/2 a hardboiled egg
a handful of almonds (S)
a cup of Rice Milk (S)
a whole milk Kefir smoothie (B)

And I just turned away B, who was at my leg saying "snack" over and over again. Keeping these girls full is exhausting, not to mention expensive! And don't think that because they ate a big breakfast, they won't be hungry for lunch. By 11:00 a.m. they will be ravenous again.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I wonder who they take after? I've seen how much you can put away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha...this was actually pretty mild - they can eat most grown men under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only can they eat, but they will eat the most adult, complex tasting foods that I've ever seen kids eat! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there and done the trying to keep the girls from starving all day...........they love to eat!! Grandma heard many times from B, "eat" or "snack" and S getting up at the counter and saying I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that night this summer when your girls flew through those quesadillas and Scott's bowl of soup was not a rare occurrence I see. Now I realize how you can stay so busy "just" keeping your little girls fed.

    ReplyDelete